Pumpkin Pie Recipe Posted on 6 Nov 05:19 , 2 comments
My favorite way to celebrate fall is with Pumpkin Pie (and planting garlic of course). We're harvesting pumpkins so it's the perfect time to share an easy recipe.
This is another delicious creation from Michelle @ heirloom_farm_country_table
9 inch deep pie crust
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 eggs + 1 yolk
2 cups pumpkin puree
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat over to 425
2. Wisk together ingredients and pour into pie crust
3. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes
4. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake for 40 minutes
Ready for a few fun facts about pumpkin?
- Although we often think of pumpkins as vegetables, they're actually fruits! ...
- Pumpkins are also a type of winter squash. ...
- Each pumpkin contains about 500 seeds.
- Once they sprout, pumpkins take between 90 and 120 days to reach maturity.
If you are interested in growing your own pumpkins for your next pumpkin pie, checkout GROWING PUMPKINS FROM SEED TO HARVEST.