DIY Organic Liquid Fertilizer Mix Posted on 4 Sep 20:43 , 3 comments
First, liquid feeding is usually easier with established plants. Second, liquid feed can give your plants a quicker "boost" if they need fast relief.
At Mary's Heirloom Seeds we offer a unique selection of Organic Soil Amendments. These can be combined to best suit your plant nutrient needs.
Let's get started!
For this recipe, I'm using 4 different organic soil Amendments.
Mary's Organic Plant Food
- A complete plant food with all 15 essential nutrients
- Originally developed for professional gardeners
- Complex blend of natural organics provide complete and balanced feeding of all 15 nutrients
- Environmentally safe
- No sludges, hazardous or toxic ingredients
AZOMITE *Very important for healthy root growth*
- Give Plants the Vital Minerals They need to Thrive
- Great soil additive for all plants
Derived from leguminous perennial alfalfa plant used for pasture and cover crop. Primary benefit of this pleasant smelling meal is increasing organic matter, although it is also a valuable plant-derived fertilizer.
- NPK analysis is 2.8-0.29-2.4
- Contains trace minerals and triaconatol
- Excellent addition to the compost pile for nitrogen content and absorbency
- Roses respond especially well to alfalfa meal
- WSDA Certified Organic Alfalfa Meal
Organic Calcium supplement-Oyster Shell
DIY LIQUID FERTILIZER RECIPE
1 cup Mary's Organic Plant food
1/3 cup Oyster Shell
1/3 cup Organic Alfalfa Meal
1/3 cup AZOMITE
**1/4 of each for light feeding**
Add all ingredients to a 5 gallon bucket
*Preferably a food-grade, pba-free bucket*
Fill the bucket with water and mix thoroughly
Let the mixture sit for 12-24 hours. Optional: stir occasionally
Apply liquid fertilizer to plants @ 1 to 4 cups per plant
Sign up for our E-Newsletter